Here is what you need to do to earn your yoga teaching certification.
Complete Each Individual Course Successfully
- Take each course in the level according to the suggested order (see Syllabus).
- "Successful" means that you pass the final quiz at the end of each course with a score of at least 85%. (Multiple attempts are allowed)
- Certify that you have completed all the required work (academic honour).
Complete Your Level 1 & 2 Assessments Successfully
When you have taken all the other courses in a level, you will take the course called, "Assessment." The Assessment is an opportunity for us to personally connect with you on your journey, see how your skills are developing, review your work, and provide you with the individualized guidance and support you need on your teaching path.
The Assessment will include:
- Online Exam. You must pass with 85% (multiple tries will be okay)
- Video submission of your practice.
- Video submission of your teaching that demonstrates your ability to use the skills you have been taught.
- Submission of Cohort and Class Reflections where you share your insights on your cohort meetings and practices.
- Instructions to participate in a 45-minute coaching call with a DYWM faculty member to review your work.
Level 3: Complete Your Retreat Successfully
The livestream retreat will build upon the information that you have learned in Level 1 and Level 2 and will be a time to develop your practical skills. Through group practices, asana labs, and practice teaching sessions, you will grow your confidence in holding space as a teacher. You will receive personalized support from the DoYogaWithMe faculty to work trouble areas and build on your strengths. You will also get to meet fellow members of your DoYogaWithMe community and make new friends from around the world.
At the end of this Level, you will earn your Basic 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification and be certified to teach.
Level 4: In Person Retreat
Your retreat is an opportunity to take your teaching to the next level and learn the in-person teaching skills necessary for studio classes. You'll learn practical skills such as demonstrations, teaching presence, and hands on assists. We'll also explore professional skill building in marketing, social media, and business planning in order to support your professional career development.
At the end of Level 4, you will earn your Advanced 250-Hour Certification.